Player Engagement Strategy

Sunarashi

Player Engagement Strategy

Post#1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:40 am

Hello, Suna here back at it again with another suggestion! :D So over the past months I’ve been here, I’ve noticed that we players have always found ourselves in this constant battle with how to spend time on the server. If we aren’t fighting, or attempting to do one of those quests (that are actually super duper hard and not really entertaining no offense), We’re running around in circles trying our best to not wander—some of us have a harder time than others :P . My proposal, to fix this and give not only the players, but also the staff a reason to stay on for longer periods of time even when the player count is a mere 2 or 3, is to have a minigame. Now, let’s be clear, I’m not asking for super smash brothers naruto edition or battle royal niether—Although both of those wouldn’t be too hard to configure. All I’m asking for, is the fishing plugin. I know it sounds funny and stupid. I get it. But if we really look at the logistics of this and get down to brass tax, it’s the most viable and least resource draining of all the possibilities. It’s a low risk, easy to configure plugin that will allow people to just chill and compete to get the best fish. We could even have a shop set up where you can sell the fish depending on their rarity for a substantial profit. One of the challenges I’ve foreseen that can come with this is fishing rods. We don’t want players god forbid running around and slapping each other with them, creating yet another thing our moderator and staff in general have to look out for and warn. This is why I’m also going to propose we use world guard and disable the use of the fishing rod altogether in our current main world. The place to fish can be created quite easily and quickly within either spawn or somewhere close to it that must be warped to. This plugin has several features that are completely configurable and editable, and contests can also be held with various prizes either preselected or just given by hand afterwards. I wouldn’t be making this suggestion if I didn’t think it’d help the server. It’s not a need, and I’m fully aware of that. Although it may come with a few percievable issues, this plugin ultimately will not only increase player engagement and interest on our server, but also give them a means to make some extra cash needed for the smaller items such as ninja tools. In the event this is considered, and we are willing to give this plugin a chance, I’ll be providing the link to this specific plugin. If the only thing stopping us from doing it is an unwillingness to configure the plugin to fit the server in the best way possible, I’ll happily install it and provide the fully configurated files myself. Thank you!

Link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/more ... ion.22926/

Staff
Site Admin

Re: Player Engagement Strategy

Post#2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:25 pm

I'll consider it, but I'd have to test it on my test server because I'm not sure if it would work for me. I don't think it's a terrible idea, but it's not exactly the coolest thing.

Sunarashi

Re: Player Engagement Strategy

Post#3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 pm

By all means, if you’ve got a better idea I’m sure it’ll have the same affects as what I had mentioned! Response much appreciated. I’ll make sure to keep looking for other alternatives as well. :)

Return to “Suggestions”